Comment on page
Space is wonderful and full of possibilities, but it is a hostile environment for humans to live and thrive. In this section, we'll explore some of the challenges that the Lunar Gateway and the astronauts visiting it will encounter.
Thankfully humanity is creative and we have across history faced many different challenges and transformed them into valuable opportunities that propel us forward.
Here we lay out some challenges, opportunities, and inspirations that may help you choose a target for your design of an AI robot.
- Conduct experiments regarding the production of food in space without human intervention.
- Perform daily maintenance and station upkeep.
- Ensure that the Lunar Gateway maintains the correct orbit around the moon.
- Analyze lunar soil to better understand its composition and capacity to support life.
- Map the Lunar surface highlighting the location of key elements such as water.
- Detect potential signs of life in space.
- Perform and report Earth observation and pattern identification in weather and crop patterns.
- Provide entertainment and physical activities that improve the crew's mental health.
- Monitor, operate and maintain the different machines that recycle oxygen, water, carbon dioxide and human waste.
Remote areas on our planet and in particular in our country, share many of the difficulties that we have discussed when space. The two videos below, cover two of these challenges and the ways that they are being worked on and improving life on planet Earth and beyond.
Remote healthcare on Earth and in space with David Saint-Jacques
Using the challenges of space food production to help grow food on Earth
The time to create has come, in the next section, we are covering very important considerations and requirements for you to ponder before designing Your Own AI Robot.
NASA has grouped different hazards we face when exploring space into the following 5 categories:
- 2.Isolation and confinement
- 3.Distance from Earth
- 4.Gravity or the lack thereof
- 5.Hostile/closed environments